Request your Pest Control estimate
Rats and mice can not only cause damage to our home or business, but also serious health problems for humans.
- Rats are medium-sized rodents.
- They are rodents with elongated bodies.
- Long, thin, almost naked tail, with some small scales and short hairs.
- Large eyes. Pointed snout. Long ears that reach the edge of the eye when stretched forward.
- The coat is thick and of variable color, depending on the species.
- The belly is always lighter.
Rats have such strong teeth that they can chew through wire mesh, concrete and even lead. This can only mean one thing – financial problems for us because of the internal malfunctioning of your home or business!
The spread of diseases and parasites such as fleas and ticks. Some of the diseases that rats transmit include:
- Lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCM).
- Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome (HPS).
Parasites carried by mice and rats can also spread harmful diseases.
- Fleas: are known carriers of Murine typhus and plague and are capable of transmitting had to both humans and our pets.
- Ticks: are known to transmit diseases such as Lyme disease, Powassan virus, Rocky Mountain spotted fever and Babesiosis.
The conditions in the home can provide food, water and shelter for rats to survive, so we must make it less habitable for them, improve the hygiene of the home, so it is necessary to follow some recommendations:
- Store your food well.
- If there is a baby at home, wash the bottle well once finished eating, because they perceive the smell very well.
- Outdoor garbage containers should have secure, tight-fitting lids.
- Cracks under doors and other openings to the outside should be sealed. Consider that rats can get under a door that is only half an inch off the floor.
- Check your plumbing periodically.
- It is recommended that basements be paved so that rats cannot burrow to the surface.
- Remember to clean them periodically, since being in contact with the subsoil, it is the place par excellence for rats.
- If you have a garden, keep the grass and bushes cut, otherwise these little animals could form their burrow there.
If even with all these recommendations rats come to your house, do not get frustrated, the good news is that you can count on Pespro, as knowledgeable professionals in the field, providing our customers with an essential, safe and reliable service.
Pespro — Takes care of you!
Working with us
keep your home and your company free of pests.
PesPro offers you the best plans and services to keep your home and your company free of pests. Check our services section and learn more.
TYPES OF RATS
Most people in the United States will encounter one of four common varieties of rats: Norway rats, Roof rats, Woodrat rats, and Marsh Rice rat. Below, we provide some details about each.
REQUEST FREE PEST INSPECTION
Our innovative pest control service is guaranteed to get rid of your insect problems.
THE PESPRO SOLUTION FOR RATS
Rats are relentless, but we give you the solution. We have the expertise to stop rats and other pests, and our solutions adapt to seasonal pest activity to give you year-round protection.
Certification of our products
At PesPro, we recognize the important role of pest control in ensuring that pharmaceutical manufacturers can exceed the most stringent regulatory requirements for the manufacture of their products.
Meridiana has developed the preventive pest management service to provide the highest level of peace of mind that pharmaceutical products will not be exposed to contamination risks and provide the information to demonstrate full compliance with regulatory standards.
The principle is to create one or more protective barriers to minimize the risks of pests approaching clean areas. These barriers are regularly inspected to maintain their impenetrability and ensure complete protection.
Our specialist service technicians and biologists will work with you in the field to define effective defenses and advise you on work practices and procedures to reduce the risk of a pest entering the facility or becoming a problem.
With each ongoing visit, we’ll treat outside your home, fortifying the perimeter. And if you request, we’ll treat inside your home again.
We have a rapid response to any signs of pest activity, as well as pest control and elimination, ensuring that the source of the pest is identified in order to prevent future infestations.