Request your Pest Control estimate
Carpenter Bees FAQ's
There are several species of carpenter bees in the United States, but one of the largest bees in the country, and the one that causes the most damage, is the 1-inch-long eastern carpenter bee.
Carpenter bees look a lot like bumblebees and are one of the most common wood-damaging insects in the United States. In their natural environment, they often make tunnel galleries to nest in old trees. However, in populated areas, they lodge in the wood of homes and other structures. These extensive nesting chambers can weaken the wood and threaten the structural integrity of their home. Carpenter bee populations are especially high in the eastern United States where damage to homes is abundant.
- Carpenter bees can be distinguished by their glossy black abdomen and only have hair on their heads.
- Western carpenter bees are completely black.
- Their flight pattern is helicopter or “hovering”.
- Adults are 1/2 to 1 inch (12.5 to 25 mm) long and robust.
- The adult female carpenter bee will use her chewing mouthparts to make holes in the wood (about the diameter of a dime) where she will turn toward the grain and create a chamber about 5-8 inches long in which to deposit her eggs.
- They form a pile of sawdust on the ground underneath a perfectly round 1/2-inch (1.27 cm) hole.
- The wood behind the hole may be stained with droppings.
- The bees dig a tunnel about 1 inch (2.54 cm) deep and then the excavation branches off creating a series of side tunnels extending for several feet.
- Over the years, new generations enlarge the existing tunnels and cause extensive damage hidden within the wood.
Pespro — Takes care of you!
Working with us
keep your home and your company free of pests.
PesPro offers you the best plans and services to keep your home and your company free of pests. Check our services section and learn more.
Difference Carpenter Bee and Between Bumble Bee
REQUEST FREE PEST INSPECTION
Our innovative pest control service is guaranteed to get rid of your insect problems.
THE PESPRO SOLUTION FOR BEES
Carpenter bees are relentless, but we give you the solution. We have the expertise to stop carpenter bees and other pests, and our solutions adapt to seasonal pest activity to give you year-round protection.
Certification of our products
At PesPro, we recognize the important role of pest control in ensuring that pharmaceutical manufacturers can exceed the most stringent regulatory requirements for the manufacture of their products.
Meridiana has developed the preventive pest management service to provide the highest level of peace of mind that pharmaceutical products will not be exposed to contamination risks and provide the information to demonstrate full compliance with regulatory standards.
The principle is to create one or more protective barriers to minimize the risks of pests approaching clean areas. These barriers are regularly inspected to maintain their impenetrability and ensure complete protection.
Our specialist service technicians and biologists will work with you in the field to define effective defenses and advise you on work practices and procedures to reduce the risk of a pest entering the facility or becoming a problem.
With each ongoing visit, we’ll treat outside your home, fortifying the perimeter. And if you request, we’ll treat inside your home again.
We have a rapid response to any signs of pest activity, as well as pest control and elimination, ensuring that the source of the pest is identified in order to prevent future infestations.