Request your Pest Control estimate
Cockroaches are hardy insects that can survive in all kinds of conditions, cause a number of diseases and are very resourceful in finding ways to enter buildings.
Cockroaches are synonymous with dirt, filth and poor hygiene. Their feeding and nesting habits mean they can easily ingest and carry on their bodies a wide range of pathogenic microorganisms, including bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites which can contaminate food, surfaces and packaging and cause illness or deterioration of food products.
That is why cockroaches are proven or suspected carriers of organisms that cause salmonellosis, fever, typhoid, cholera, gastroenteritis, dysentery, leprosy, plague, campylobacteriosis, listeriosis, giardia.
Cockroaches can also trigger asthma and other allergies, as well as spread E. coli , S taphylococcus aureus and streptococcus.
You can catch a disease from a cockroach in a range of different ways. However, for the most part, cockroach diseases are caught by coming into contact with items that a cockroach has contaminated.
Cockroaches are attracted to all types of food available in your home. They will eat anything from foods, plastics, packaging, paper, leather and fabrics to animal matter (i.e. droppings).
- Cockroach droppings: Cockroaches leave dark droppings that look very similar to coffee grounds or black pepper.
- Cockroach eggs.
- Skin shedding.
- Property damage: They often leave chew marks and other signs of damage on items that are not just food containers.
- Unusual odor: Cockroaches leave droppings where they live and sleep. These droppings produce a pheromone that attracts other cockroaches. To humans, the pheromone presents itself as a persistent and unpleasant musty odor.
- Cracks and crevices.
- Holes in vents and pipes.
- Hitching a ride onto items.
There are lots of methods used to ward off roaches, and we will discuss a few of the most successful strategies many people used to make their houses less hospitable for these cringe-worthy bugs.
- Remove liquids: Remove standing water from buckets and sinks to keep from attracting thirsty cockroaches.
- Remove food remains: Clean up any food left on tables, kitchen counters and desks. Cockroaches only need small amounts of food for a meal, so any crumbs, powders, or liquids are fair game.
- Rinse and remove cans, bottles, and plastic containers
- Empty garbage regularly.
- Regular maintenance: Pipes, Drains, shelves, Seal entrances (Walls, skirting boards, electrical sockets, under kitchen sinks and bathroom cabinets)
Pespro — Takes care of you!
Working with us
keep your home and your company free of pests.
PesPro offers you the best plans and services to keep your home and your company free of pests. Check our services section and learn more.
TYPES OF COCKROACHES
There are some estimates that there are as many as 70 different species of cockroaches, which are commonly found in U.S. homes. All of New York’s “cockroach communities” belong to the great American cockroach, including the German cockroach and the Oriental cockroach.
REQUEST FREE PEST INSPECTION
Our innovative pest control service is guaranteed to get rid of your insect problems.
THE PESPRO SOLUTION FOR COCKROACHES
Cockroaches are relentless, but we give you the solution. We have the expertise to stop Cockroaches and other pests, and our solutions adapt to seasonal pest activity to give you year-round protection.
Certification of our products
At PesPro, we recognize the important role of pest control in ensuring that pharmaceutical manufacturers can exceed the most stringent regulatory requirements for the manufacture of their products.
Meridiana has developed the preventive pest management service to provide the highest level of peace of mind that pharmaceutical products will not be exposed to contamination risks and provide the information to demonstrate full compliance with regulatory standards.
The principle is to create one or more protective barriers to minimize the risks of pests approaching clean areas. These barriers are regularly inspected to maintain their impenetrability and ensure complete protection.
Our specialist service technicians and biologists will work with you in the field to define effective defenses and advise you on work practices and procedures to reduce the risk of a pest entering the facility or becoming a problem.
With each ongoing visit, we’ll treat outside your home, fortifying the perimeter. And if you request, we’ll treat inside your home again.
We have a rapid response to any signs of pest activity, as well as pest control and elimination, ensuring that the source of the pest is identified in order to prevent future infestations.